Influenza H7N9: Ten Questions and Answers for Canadian Public Health Decision-makers
ARCHIVED: INCLUDED FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY
1. Has a case definition been established for surveillance purposes?
2. What has been the estimated severity rate?
3. Who has been at increased risk for severe illness?
4. What has been the natural history of a typical case and the effectiveness of care and treatment?
5. What was the original source of exposure and modes of transmission of infection?
6. What are the ongoing sources of exposure and modes of transmission of infection?
7. What is known about the “epidemic curve”?
8. What geographic spread has been observed?
9. What are the opportunities and challenges
for immediate surveillance in Canada?
10. What are the opportunities and challenges for effective prevention and control strategies in Canada at this time?