Salah Mahmud, MD MSc PhD FRCP(c)
- Canada Research Chair in Pharmacoepidemiology and Vaccine Evaluation
- Associate Professor of Community Health Sciences-University of Manitoba
- Associate Professor of Pharmacy – University of Manitoba
- Director- Vaccine and Drug Evaluation Centre (University of Manitoba)
- Director- Clinical Trials Platform – The George & Fay Yee Centre for Healthcare Innovation.
- Medical Officer of Health- Manitoba Health Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
- Research Coordinator – Public Health and Preventive Medicine Residency Program (University of Manitoba)
- Epidemiologist – CancerCare Manitoba
Research areas of interest:
- Pharmacoepidemiology: with a particular emphasis on cancer chemoprevention (the use of pharmaceuticals to prevent or reverse carcinogenic progression to invasive cancer)
- Cancer epidemiology: with a particular emphasis on the role of infections and inflammation in cancer development and progression.
- Evaluating the safety and effectiveness of commonly used vaccines including the influenza and Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines.
- Practical applications of pharmacoepidemiology (e.g., post-marketing surveillance for drug and vaccine adverse events).
- Mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.