Antibiotic Awareness Week in Canada : NOVember 12-18, 2018
NCCID has participated in Antibiotic Awareness Week in Canada since 2010. Our Centre works to raise awareness about antimicrobial resistance (AMR), antimicrobial use (AMU) and antimicrobial-resistant organisms (ARO). Together with our partners, we promote the prudent use of antibiotics to fight the threat of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
You might be interested in:
Putting the Pieces Together: A National Action Plan on Antimicrobial Stewardship
Antibiotic Resistance: VIDEO
[Antibiotic use in livestock] L’utilisation d’antibiotiques en médecine vétérinaire: VIDEO in French
Glossary of Terms: Antimicrobial Resistance
A Provincial Antimicrobial Stewardship Program: Successes and Challenges in Alberta
AntibioticAwareness.ca focuses on the relationship between doctors and patients. We offer practical tools and information to practitioners, including our prescription pads, as well as webinars presenting the latest information on antimicrobial resistance and antimicrobial stewardship program development.
We link to materials produced by other organizations, including the Public Health Agency of Canada, to promote antibiotics awareness and responsible use. Through ongoing knowledge translation initiatives, NCCID aims to facilitate appropriate stewardship and surveillance.
For more information, or to offer feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s the link to access to : 2017 Campaign Archives
Resources & links to other campaigns
- Using Antibiotics Wisely / Choosing Wisely Canada
- Antibiotic (antimicrobial) resistance / Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Antibiotic resistance fact sheet / World Health Organization (WHO)
- I Use Antibiotics Responsibly Pledge / WHO
- ‘Antibiotics: Handle with care’ campaign video / WHO
- Clinical Practice Guidelines / Do Bugs Need Drugs
- Take the Antibiotic Wise Pledge! / Antibioticwise.ca
- Antibiotic Awareness Week 2017 Campaign / AMMI Canada
- US Antibiotic Awareness Week 2017 / Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Antibiotic Guardian / Public Health England
- European Antibiotic Awareness Day : a European Initiative / ECDC
- Antibiotic Awareness Week / Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care
- Educational Resources : APUA’s Antibiotic Stewardship Solutions / Alliance for the Prudent Use of Antibiotics (APUA)
Guidelines & Recommendations
- the Public Health Agency of Canada offers a number of factsheets from on key antimicrobial resistance issues, including Staphylococcus aureus, E. coli, Salmonella, and NDM-1, tuberculosis.
- the Canadian Paediatric Society also provides information on antibiotic use in children
- the Bugs and Drugs book provides comprehensive recommendations for antibiotic use in communities and hospitals
- the Canadian Paediatric Society provides position statements and notes on how to manage infectious diseases in your patients
- Clinical Practice Guidelines from the College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Evidence-based guidelines from Infection Prevention and Control Canada (IPAC)