Towards TB Elimination: Shared Priorities for TB Program Performance Measurement in Canada – A Proposal for Discussion
As part of its ongoing commitment towards TB elimination, NCCID, in collaboration with the National Collaborating Centre for Indigenous Health, began a suite of activities in 2017-18 to support TB program performance indicator development in Canada. This included a review of Canadian and international TB programs, guidance documents, and surveillance reports, the creation of comparative TB program performance indicator reference resources, and the convening of a meeting on TB program performance measurement in Canada. Invitations to the November 2018 meeting were sent to TB program staff and affiliates to share their expertise in TB program evaluation, surveillance, and elimination priorities for Inuit, First Nations, and urban and foreign-born populations in Canada, as well as discuss and determine shared priorities for performance measurement across programs and populations in Canada.
Below you will find the results of these activities, including a report presenting a proposal for discussion on shared priorities for TB program performance measurement in Canada, and links to the TB program performance indicator reference resources described above.
- Report Table 1 – TB Indicator Documents Reviewed for Performance Indicator Compilation Resources
- Report Table 2 – TB Program Performance Indicators Proposed Across Populations in Canada
- Report Table 3 – First Nations‐specific TB Program Performance Indicator Priorities
- Report Table 4 – Inuit-specific TB Program Performance Indicator Priorities
- Report Table 5 – Urban and Foreign‐born-specific TB Program Performance Indicator Priorities